Monday, May 7, 2012

I cry

My emotions are WACKY!

Yesterday I was sitting on the couch with Kinzer figuring out our summer plans. I had just gotten off the phone with my sweet mom when all of a sudden I started crying. I'm still not too sure why. 

*Maybe I was happy to talk to my mom, I always am. 
*Maybe I got a little over-excited about going to Utah to see all of my wonderful family and friends (sometimes I get teary eyed when I think of home). 
 *Maybe my body just needed a good old cry.
*Maybe I was hungry. Most likely I was. I have been starving lately. I'm talking: I eat about every 15 minutes. And a lot of times just a small snack doesn't cut it, I have to stuff.
*Maybe I was tired.

I don't know.

Me: "Sometimes I just cry. Okay?"
Kinzer: "That's what pregnant women do. It's okay with me."
Me: "I'm scared to have this baby. I'm scared for the labor and delivery part."
Kinzer: "Me too. But once our baby is here it's going to be so much fun. (Our definitions of fun must be different) You'll be fine. I'll be here for you."
Me: Starting to cry even more. " So what day should we leave for Utah?"

See? Wacky. And of course it's humorous. 

I have always been a very emotional person anyway. So I don't think this will be getting better any time soon. Poor Kinzer has to put up with this for the next 5 months. He's a trooper.

And another story to show just how psycho I am: I just finished watching The Price is Right and a sweet old man won everything you can possibly win on that show and he was just so grateful and emotional about it. I was bawling! During The Price is Right! The happiest show ever! It felt wrong.

On another note, we have a check up appointment today to see how baby is progressing and then on Thursday we have an ultrasound to find out what we're having. I think that we're having a boy. Can't wait to see!

3 comments:

  1. That is so funny, I've cried three times since I've been pregnant (at least that I can blame on pregnancy)-
    1. I felt bad that I was laying down while Jon did the dishes after he made me dinner.
    2. When I was on an ordinary phone call with Jon when he was at work and went to say goodbye and "I love you" and I cried when I said it.
    3. After babysitting a 1 year old and a 4 year old, I started doubting my mothering skills. jon brought me home Pei Wei I opened the fortune cookie and it read "Someone new is coming into your life to the benefit of you both."

    Silly pregnancy hormones.
    WHEN ARE YOU COMING? I really want to throw a baby shower for you, so tell me asap and I'll get it started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just the beginning but isn't it wonderful to have something to blame it on!! I think it is. Besides I always feel better after a good cry. Sam has admitted that sometimes if I'm having a really rough day he is just waiting for me to break down because he knows that after I do things will be better. The worse is when you are in a public space and you can feel the tears coming. Avoid watching, reading, or doing anything at work that might bring the tears on, that's the ultimate I'm pregnant get over it moment. Can't wait to find out what you are having!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel too bad...You wouldn't believe how bad I was sobbing after all the meltdowns I've had over college and finances as of late. You'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete