Sunday, February 17, 2013

Jane Darl

Hello blogging world! It's nice to see you again.

It's been a really long time since I blogged. And you know what the great thing is? I don't feel guilty about it. Nope I don't. I decided that I just can't be a wonder mom that blogs at least once a week. It's just going to have to be once a month. Maybe twice if you're lucky. Or maybe not even once if you're unlucky :)

These past 4 months of my life have been LIFE CHANGING. I mean, I just had a baby. No biggie. Just another human being to take care of. And let me tell you, when I say "take care of" that is an understatement (if that's possible). I don't really take care of myself anymore. Well, that's not true, I try really hard everyday to brush my teeth, eat 3 (or 1) meals, exercise for at least 20 minutes [just dance: wii], and shower. I can accomplish these things much easier than I could a couple months ago.

This is the hardest job I've ever loved.

Jane Darl Kaupert entered our lives on October 19th, 2012 around 5 AM. Weighing 8 lbs 3 oz, 21.5 inches long. I can't quite find the words to explain how perfect she is. She just fits so well into our life. It's the best. The very best.

I'll spare you the whole birth story and mention some of the bigger points:
- I was 9 days overdue. In the 100 degree Fresno weather. Awesome.
- Jane's heart rate dropped so I was induced and had to lay in one position and let the contractions hit me like a ton of bricks.
- Because of the afore mentioned contractions I got the epidural. It was a beautiful thing :)
- I was in labor for 18 hours. Pushing the last hour.
- When she made her entrance my whole life stopped. The water works were flowing, and I blurted out, "Best day of my life!!!"
- Kinzer is the greatest man. I will love him forever for everything, but especially seeing his sweet face at that moment and the tears in this proud father eyes.
- Giving birth may be the most spiritual experience I have ever had. It was tough, but I tried so hard to focus on the beautiful gift of life. Just incredible. Complete bliss.

Jane is named after her her great great grandmothers. Jane Brown was Kinzer's great grandmother who he had a great relationship with. And Susie Darl McGhie was my great grandmother, who I never knew, but her middle name, Darl, is short for darling.

We love having Jane around. She has such a personality and is growing so much everyday. She is at such a fun stage right now. She's got such big eyes and since day one arches her back and turns her head from side to side to see what the heck is going on. Many people say she has a pensive look. She has a furrowed brow a lot of the time. Even when she is sleeping. She clasps her hands together all the time, especially when she eats. It's like she's saying "Oh goody"! She is so the best. I could go on and on, but I wouldn't know where to stop. So I'll leave you with some fun pictures of Jane's life so far in this big big world.
Hello world!

First bath

11 days old on Halloween

We caught this smile during a feeding at 2 am.

She has always loved to arch that back. I can't believe she was that little. *tear

We couldn't wait to use the bumbo. This is her at 5 weeks and she has loved the bumbo ever since.

Visiting with Santa.

Christmas Card 2012

This is Jane's great grandma Cavell.

Hanging with Grandpa Larry
Fell asleep while I was clipping her finger nails :)

I just loved this face. And I love cuddling with Jane in bed.

First time at the park on the swings. Such a happy baby.

These two... my very most favorite people.

Can't get enough of those cheeks!

She loves to gum her fingers.

Just for fun.

Walking on West Cliff, Santa Cruz, CA. Beautiful!

The sand was so messy, but I let her go to town. I found the evidence of swallowed sand in Jane's diaper the next day...

First time touching the Pacific ocean. She's a California baby.

Happy family.

So tired that she fell asleep in the tub. She loves her bath time.

Sunday best.

Thanks for stoppin' by!

1 comment:

  1. Way cute pictures! It makes me happy to read about what a blessing Jane is in your life and it makes me so excited to have my baby!

    ReplyDelete